Lyme Disease Treatment at Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic in Newark, CA
Signs and Symptoms of Lyme Disease
Every year, hundreds of Americans are bitten by ticks. A small percentage of these tick bites can result in Lyme disease, which is an ailment that causes a variety of painful symptoms and side effects. It is important to be aware of Lyme disease symptoms in case you or a loved one is bitten. Ticks are small, brown insects that are often found in moist environments and can cling onto clothes unknowingly. At AFC/Doctors Express Newark CA, our medical professionals can diagnose and treat tick bites and Lyme disease quickly and efficiently if caught early. With our state-of-the-art on-site laboratories and board certified physicians, you’ll be feeling better in no time. Here is some valuable information on Lyme disease symptoms and stages for you and your loved ones:
Early Localized Stage:
- Usually within the first month of a tick bite.
- Symptoms include a red expanding rash, chills, fever, muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, or headaches.
Early Disseminated Stage:
- Usually days or weeks after a tick bite.
- Symptoms can include Bell’s palsy, severe headaches or stiffness, pain and swelling in the joints, shooting pains, or heart palpitations.
Late Disseminated Stage:
- Usually months or years after a tick bite, with no treatment.
- Untreated infections can lead to arthritis with severe joint pain and swelling (often the knees). A small percentage of Lyme disease cases can lead to neurological complications, such as tingling of the hands and problems with memory.
If you or a loved one have been bitten by a tick, it is important to see a physician as soon as possible to prevent Lyme disease symptoms. AFC/Doctors Express Newark CA offers convenient walk-in clinic appointments, so that you can take care of your medical needs on your own time. Our friendly and experienced medical team looks forward to having you feel better soon!