Tdap Vaccine at Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic in Fremont, CA
AFC/Doctors Express Fremont- Protecting Yourself from Tetanus
While running around outside barefoot is great during the summer, it can often lead to cuts and scrapes- and sometimes tetanus. The bacteria that leads to tetanus is often found in dirt and can invade the cuts and scrapes on your feet, leading to tetanus or “lockjaw.” At AFC/Doctors Express Urgent Care of Fremont, CA we offer all the tetanus vaccines to better protect you and your family from infection. There are 3 types of tetanus vaccines in Fremont, CA:
- DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis) vaccine, which is generally for young children.
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis) vaccine for older children and adults.
- Td (tetanus and diphtheria) vaccine, which is also for older children and adults.
Some symptoms and effects of tetanus are muscle tightness and cramps, which are often extremely painful and debilitating. Tetanus can also cause neck and jaw muscles to lock, and causes breathing issues. If tetanus is not treated, it can be fatal. Here are some tips to keep yourself and your loved ones safe from tetanus:
- Ask your doctor questions.
- Stay on top of vaccinations.
- Be aware of tetanus vaccination schedules.
- Wear shoes when outside.
We look forward to helping your family and answering any questions that you might have about tetanus at our walk-in clinic at AFC/Doctors Express Urgent Care Fremont!